Dental Crowns – Fort Worth, TX
Protect Your Damaged or Decayed Tooth
Teeth can become damaged in all sorts of different ways. Whether it is a result of poor oral hygiene, injuries, or an accident, leaving a damaged tooth unprotected could cause you to experience a dental emergency and even need an extraction. The good news is that losing your damaged tooth doesn’t need to be in your future. Our practice can protect your damaged or decayed tooth by covering it with a dental crown in Fort Worth. To learn more about dental crowns or to schedule an appointment with us at Hulen Crossing Family Dental, give us a call!
Why Choose Hulen Crossing Family Dental for Dental Crowns?
- Customized Crowns Crafted from Quality Materials
- Experienced and Dedicated Dental Team
- Flexible Financing Options Available
What is a Dental Crown?
Dental crowns are customize caps that are crafted to fit over the biting surface of damaged teeth above the gumline. They can be made from numerous different types of materials, such as gold, ceramic, and porcelain. This restoration is often recommended for patients who are experiencing the following:
- Severely decayed tooth with a large filling
- Broken tooth that needs extra support
- Missing tooth that has been replaced with a dental implant
- Bridge in need of support from the adjacent teeth.
- Tooth that has undergone root canal therapy
- Tooth that is severely misshapen or discolored
The Process of Getting a Dental Crown
The procedure for having a crown placed is relatively straightforward. It usually takes place over just a few appointments so you can receive the perfected results that you’re looking for. First, we will examine your smile to make sure that a dental crown is the best option for restoring your tooth. Next, a small amount of your enamel will be removed to make room for the crown. An impression is taken of your tooth and the surrounding gumline. This is sent to a dental laboratory where your permanent restoration will be crafted. In order to keep your teeth safe in the meantime, you will be given a temporary crown. As soon as your permanent one is ready, the temporary crown will be replaced.
The Benefits of Getting a Dental Crown
Dental crowns are able to provide patients with all sorts of different benefits. Here are just a handful of them:
- Increased comfort
- Improved ability to chew
- Prevents future dental issues
- Lasts 15+ years with proper care
- Personalized just for you
- Natural appearance